Friday 28 February 2014

Delon Delay

          I’m not gonna lie, most the time my experiences from aerosol aren’t good or even funny at the time but in hindsight i always find myself laughing at the crazy thoughts or situations that happen whilst my lips were wrapped firmly around a canister. I’m not really sure what started me doing gas but i soon after i got a reputation for being a gas head, even to this day i get reminded by people about how bad my behaviour was and how i always had a can hanging out my mewy. after about 3/4 cans in a day after a while you would start to hallucinate, basically I’d lose all grip on reality and 90% of the time i would think i was dying - these would later be known lovingly as "gas attacks" to my friends who would buy gas cans for me to watch me go crazy. even after a while my parents clocked on that all the deodorant was running out faster than usual as i was going through mine, my sisters/brothers/mothers any fuckers i could get my hands on so my mother took it upon herself to switch everyone in my family to roll ons!
          The first time i had a gas attack and lost it i remember i was sat near a friend’s house in an industrial estate i spent a lot of my youth growing up, we were all sat round sharing a zoot while i was sucking on a can. "pssssssssssssssssss" the sound of the canister releasing the butane into my lungs started to sound faint, i jumped up and started to hold my face because in my mind the flesh on my skull was starting to melt and slip off of the bone. i clutched on hard to my face and repeatedly shouted "what?" getting louder as i went on, on the last hollered into the dark corner of the factories i came round and realised that my face wasn't actually melting and i was sat with friends. This was not to be the last time i lost the plot on it, there was a part of me that actually enjoyed the fact that reality got took away, and I had always been obsessed with the thought of acid and mushrooms because reality is bleak in all honesty. It didn’t just stop there, i found myself getting cans of gas on my own and doing it thinking that maybe i could control it - i was very wrong.
          Another experience i had was when i was on my own in a dog walking field that was next door to the factories the first lost it experience happened, either way i was sat doing gas on my own in the middle of this field. I kept feeling a tap on my back like someone wanted to get my attention, every time i looked round some annoying character was running away - he looked like someone from the children’s program ZAPP which i always hated. he was relentless with trying to get my attention than one time i turned my whole body round instead of just my head and stood no further than about 5 metres away was this humongous half man half dog thing, it was the most scariest, muscular animal i can picture to this day and still feel the fear as i did then. I froze for a second in shock staring at it, it was in a ready to pounce position and it looked like it was weighing up its options to which its mouth slowly started to open. Once the mouth was open i started to see the whole world beginning with the field was being sucked into his mouth to which i turned and ran for my life, i remember the only thought that went through my head at the time was my mum and never seeing her again. i got to the end of the field turned around to see what was happening to see just an empty field and the world all still in tack, the feel of relief was immense.
          One time when my friend had his house to himself so house parties/all dayers/basically stayed there the whole time his parents were gone was on the cards hard, well i know i was hanging from probably pills the night before too. Well i was sat in the back room of his house, a kitchen/dining room area, sucking on the canister with my head rested on a table watching the floor... slowly it started to kick in and my whole imagination took off, from under the table i believed that the house i was sat in was on scaffolding on wheels. On those wheels was these little gremlin type of thing, it was actually the same looking kind of creature that looked like my mate (whose house it was) tattoo on his arm. Either ways yeah, his house was rolling down the road and i thought it was getting out of control. I went to stand up to try sort shit out but soon as i looked up i thought there was a huge wooden spike hanging above my head and a gremlin was in charge of the rope that kept it above me! i started to shit myself and all i remember was coming round collapsed on top of an ironing board, all my friends laughing over me telling me basically was running from one side of the room to the other like a bull in a china shop knocking everything over creating as much mess as possible... all i really know is the spike didn’t land on me...
          another night some depraved behaviour was a gwarn, it was normally once all the drugs had gone we would draw for the aerosol to try keep what little buzz was left. well on this night we had nothing, no aerosol, no drugs, not even weed from my memory so we was left with a stupid decision but my friend had a bottle of aftershave... yeah... brut... all of who was present had a shot of brut to try keep us fucked for the night, and boy did it... i have never had my stomach feel so uneasy, summersaults, my gut was wrenching everyone was looking worse for wear so it was decided that we should all go for a walk in the fresh air. we were in Whitstable area walking along the beach near the golf course, as we was coming onto the beach a police car pulled up from nowhere with them jumping out on us screaming and shouting! Everyone bar one of my friends made off on toes, i was far too ill and overweight really to ever try and run from them. straight away they threw my friend and i into the back of the car arresting us asking who are friends were and what we were doing, i just remember staring at them like i was hollow inside turn back into some primitive beast grunting like " err, yeah, walk... erm... sick"... i think they realised something was up with us and it wasn’t normal behaviour we was portraying, one stayed with us while the other gavver went up to the beach to see what was happen (i guess they knew through why they were called down in the first place). me and my mate was looking at each other like FUCK... how we gonna get out of this, what the fuck we gonna do sort of thing and from out of nowhere this gavver comes marching back with two well-known smack heads from the area who was trying to break into the beach huts. within minutes of his arrival back me and my mate was dearrested and set off on our way, the way the gavver looked at us as we hobbled off holding our bellies like we was about to throw everything we had up if any slight upset, i will never forget that feeling though of relief, like in the field but least this one was a real situation!
          this last story i am about to tell is probably the most funniest/stupidest thing i have done and still haven’t let down, on occasions it has come up and to all the people who witnessed i am pretty sure none of them will forget it or me any time in a hurry. I am not sure how many cans i had got through this day but normally it took 3 to 4 for an outburst of randomness incoherent babble from me, which this for sure is. I was sat in college class for key notes or some shit; i was studying music technology with 3 of my close friends in same class. I was the only one who ever really did gas at these times, especially publicly. the tutor was banging on and on about notation and it was all written work no Cubase so most the time i didn’t turn up let alone pay attention, i had a can of gas slipped up my sleeve of my coat and had the nozzle popping out the top so i could top myself up as i needed. I was sat pretty much at the back of the class doing as i do and suddenly starting to drift from reality; i was picturing a huge blue ball bouncing from the back wall to the front wall and so forth never touching the ground. It was almost like computer graphics though, no real end to the ball as if it was tracing (like on acid). then all of a sudden i freak out, the ceiling starts getting cracks in and looking as if it is about to give in on the whole class. To this i start to try climbing on top of the table and all over the computer keyboard with no regard to it "SHIT! WE... GOT... TOO.... AAHHH... FUCK!" i screamed, but then started to laugh because i couldn’t get my words out then "get out of here the roofs coming in!" and i got up and sprinted to the door of the class room. just like when i reached the end of the field when the world was getting sucked into the things mouth i turned around and completely snapped out of that reality to meet the eyes of everyone in that class room, tutor included... my friends had all knew exactly what had happened and where slyly trying not to crack up, to be honest i felt like dying that very second. anyway i turn to my tutor and without me saying a word he said to me "i think you better wait outside", for them seconds i had to think up a fucking story of what the fuck i just did... and here was my excuse... after the wait for the head of music to come down to speak to me as well as my tutor we walked into the office where the interrogation began. The head of music started telling me he was ex-army he can tell when people are lying; he knows all about drug abuse all this fucking bollocks to try fearing me into just spilling my guts. I sat and listened to his big i am speech to which he asked, "So what happen? Are you on crack?"... the pause... well... i proceeded to say "as it stands mate, i am not gonna lie to you... i have done drugs, acid mainly and sometimes no word of lie... i just lose it... look at my pupils" (knowing butane has no actual signs) to which he did start checking me over, and where i was talking all the normal shit i was completely normal he looked baffled as well as my tutor. "we're gonna have to watch you then Mr Boaler" was all i really remember him saying after that, after returning to class and everyone on me to what actually happened asking if i was fucked i carried the whole charade that i lose it. I left about a week after that, people thought i was strange and treated me different. I don't blame them...



Me: "delon delay... why do they say delon delay?"

LK: "who Boaler?"

Me: "THEM" *points to stars*




No comments:

Post a Comment